Master Hanyu Pinyin in 10 Minutes
Kickstart Your Mandarin Learning with the Basics of Chinese Phonics
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
VOWELS, CONSONANTS, TONES, AND MORE
This is a short course to help you understand how the phonetic system (hanyu pinyin) in Mandarin Chinese works. Hanyu Pinyin serves an important role in helping people to learn the pronunciation of Chinese characters as well as how to type on devices. It is the most fundamental of building blocks for all Mandarin learners (almost like the alphabet is to the English language).
HERE'S WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE
This course was built with the serious Mandarin learner in mind.
- You'll gain exclusive access to our forum community where you can ask questions or see the questions asked by your peers. All questions will be answered by qualified teachers.
- Our flexible learning approach allows you to work at your own pace and fits around your busy schedule.
- Speaking and typing exercises come with each lesson to ensure you practice using Mandarin regularly (if you opt in to our Speech Coaching service).
- A dedicated personal tutor checks your pronunciation and progress to ensure you are on the right track (if you opt in to our Speech Coaching service).
Get started now!
- Born in China, lived in Singapore, Australia and the UK since 2001
- Native in Mandarin Chinese, fluent in English and Japanese (JLPT N1)
- Graduated with MSc Economics from UCL & Joint Honours Degree of Economics and Actuarial Studies from NUS and ANU
- So in love with languages that she started her own language school in 2012, teaching Mandarin, English and Japanese as a foreign language
- Takes a minimalist approach to life and teaching
StartIntroduction Lesson (2:29)
StartLesson 1 - What is Hanyu Pinyin? (2:44)
StartLesson 2 - The 10 Difficult Consonants (2:12)
StartLesson 3 - The 6 Basic Vowels (1:31)
StartLesson 4 - The 4 Tones (1:28)
StartLesson 5 - Rules of Writing Pinyin
StartBonus Material - Printable Hanyu Pinyin Notes